You are here:
In this section (local navigation):
- Advertising for a school business manager
- Advertising requirements for a headteacher position
- Advertising requirements for teaching staff
- Appointing a candidate who is a relative of a member of staff
- Appointing an acting headteacher
- Can we appoint a 'headteacher in waiting'?
- Conducting senior leadership team recruitment interviews updated
- Costs associated with headteacher recruitment
- Deputy headships (maintained): is QTS required?
- Developing effective recruitment processes
- Governing body involvement in appointing staff updated
- Governing body involvement in interviewing staff
- Handling complaints about a recruitment decision
- Headships: attracting suitable candidates
- Headships: what previous experience is required?
- Headships: when to advertise a vacancy
- Headteacher appointment decisions (academy)
- Headteacher appointment: local authority involvement
- Headteacher appointment: ratifying the panel’s decision
- Headteacher appointments: are staff governors barred from the panel?
- Headteacher induction: local authority assistance new
- Headteacher recruitment in VA schools
- Headteacher recruitment: an overview
- Headteacher recruitment: can we pay governors for involvement?
- Headteacher recruitment: eligibility for the selection panel
- Headteacher succession planning
- Headteacher succession: carrying out a formal handover
- Headteachers in church schools: do they have to be Christians? new
- Interview questions for a deputy headteacher (primary)
- Interview questions for a deputy headteacher (secondary)
- Interview questions for a headteacher (Christian faith school) updated
- Interview questions for a headteacher (EYFS)
- Interview questions for a headteacher (primary)
- Interview questions for a headteacher (secondary)
- Interview questions for a headteacher (special school)
- Interview questions for a primary headteacher: curriculum
- Interview questions for a PSHE coordinator
- Interview questions for a school business manager
- Interview questions for an assistant headteacher
- Interview questions: children’s centre co-ordinator
- Interview questions: safeguarding
- Interview record sheets
- Interview selection panels: access to candidates' applications
- Interview task for a primary leadership post: data analysis
- Interview tasks for a leadership post
- Interview tasks for senior leaders: psychometric testing
- Interview tasks: in-tray exercises for an SLT post
- Interviewing applicants with disabilities
- Job advertisement: headteacher
- Job description: clerk to the governing body of an academy trust updated
- Job description: executive headteacher (federation)
- Job description: executive headteacher across an academy chain
- Job description: head of school (federation)
- Job description: head of school in a soft federation
- Job description: headteacher (primary) new
- Job descriptions: school business manager (secondary academy)
- Job offer letter templates
- Medical questionnaires for staff
- Person specification: headteacher (primary) updated
- Pre-employment checks: asking about absence
- Recruiting a headteacher in a special school
- Recruiting a personal assistant to the headteacher
- Recruiting outstanding teachers
- Recruiting staff: what should governors know?
- Recruiting temporary staff (academy)
- Recruitment interview: clerk to the governors
- Safer recruitment training: how long is it valid for?
- Shortlisting candidates: sample proformas
- Staff turnover rates
- Capability, conduct & grievances
- Employment & conditions
- Pay, performance & progression
- Staffing structures & change
Interview questions for a school business manager
- 1 Questions on site management, premises and health and safety
- 2 Questions on use of ICT
- 3 Questions on strategy, vision and financial management
- 4 Questions on procedures, regulations and line management
- 5 Questions on relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- 6 Questions on fundraising
- 7 Sources and further reading
Become a member of Ten Governor Support to view this article in full
As a visitor to the site you can browse the article summaries only. However, as a member you can read several hundred articles and ask our researchers to answer your questions. Find out more about becoming a member of Ten Governor Support.
Free trial membership You can register for a free trial by clicking the button on the right.
- Printer friendly
- Add to print cart
- Give feedback
- Subscribe to updates
Try Ten Governor Support today
Ten Governor Support provides highly practical answers in response to governors' questions. Each answer is then published as an article on the website.
You can read up to 5 articles for free today by clicking the button on the right.
Full members of Ten Governor Support are free to browse hundreds of answers published on the website and can ask our experts an unlimited number of questions. To find out more about becoming a member, click on this link.
Sample what Ten Governor Support has to offer